Become a Vendor at the Festival
Joining the Watermelon Festival’s Marketplace will expose your business to 20,000 visitors over the course of the weekend. The Festival is accepting applications for vendors in the following categories:
Arts and Crafts
At least 80% of the merchandise being sold is hand-made or hand-embellished, either by the vendor or a verifiable source. This category includes face-painting and other body art. The booth space fee for two days is $350 for 10’X10’ and $700 for 10’X20’.
Commercial Merchandise Vendors
Merchandise being sold comes from a commercial source. The booth space fee for two days is $450 for 10’X10’ and $900 for 10’X20’.
Information and Marketing
Vendors are giving out information about their products and/or services or are marketing their businesses or services by providing promotional materials and/or samples and by talking with interested customers. Orders may be taken for products or services. The booth space fee for two days is $550 for 10’X10’ and $1,100 for 10’X20’.
Food and Beverage
Santa Anita Park will be providing all ready to eat food and beverage items during the event. As a result, the Festival is not accepting applications for the sale of ready to eat food and beverage items.
The Festival will accept applications for the sale of certain commercially packaged food and beverage items, including the distribution of samples not exceeding a certain size. Please contact the Marketplace Coordinator at the e-mail address included below for additional information.
There is a discount available for vendors who have participated in previous Sunland-Tujunga Lions Club Watermelon Festivals. Please indicate this information in your request for an application.
If your organization is raising money for a non-profit organization, please submit information indicating the nature of your activity, and how the funds will be used, to the Marketplace Coordinator at the e-mail address included below. The minimum charge for non-profit groups is $50 for one booth space. The fee is negotiable with the Marketplace coordinator and is dependent on booth size and needs of the group.
Special Event/Activity Vendors
Vendors offering an activity involving the participation of the Festival-goers, and where a fee is charged for that activity, will be considered. Such activity should not require a booth space. The fee that will be charged to the vendor is negotiable. Please contact the Marketplace coordinator as indicated below with your information.
Quick Vendor Information
- Booth set-ups will be allowed on Friday, July 18th only. No Exceptions. Booths will be set up on grass, and final installations must be approved by the Arcadia Fire Dept
- Sellers must provide their own booths, tables, chairs, lights, fans and electrical cords.
- There will be vehicle access to booth spaces during both set-up time (and for a limited time before the event each day) for vehicles not exceeding 8’ in height.
- Restocking on the days of the Festival (July 19th and 20th) may only be done by hand or by using a hand-propelled wagon or dolly.
- The fee for the booth space includes one 20 amp electrical box. Additional boxes of 20 amps are available for $75 each.
- There will be security on site 24/7, but the Sunland-Tujunga Lions Club, Santa Anita Park, and the security personnel are not responsible for damage, loss, or theft from your booth or vehicle.
- Parking passes will be provided to booth vendors and their personnel.
- All vendors must provide written proof of liability insurance. The Sunland-Tujunga Lions Club, Lions Clubs International, and Santa Anita Park must be named as additional insured. In addition, all vendors must have business licenses and sellers’ permits where required.
- Vendors may sell only the merchandise listed on the application and approved by the Sunland-Tujunga Lions Club.
- Vendors will be eligible to pick among available booth spaces based on when their applications and deposit payment are received.
Duplications of merchandise or other activity in the Watermelon Festival Marketplace will be strictly limited. In addition, both the Sunland Tujunga Lions Club and Santa Anita Park need to approve all vendors in the Marketplace to assure that the merchandise or activity is suitable for inclusion at a family event, and that all insurance and permits are in order.
Applications will be approved on a “first come” basis. It is to your advantage to apply early.
In order to be sent the proper application, please contact the Marketplace Coordinators listed below with information about your products, services, or activity.
Contact: Anne Marston or Pauline Keshishian
800-955-1277 | email@example.com